For apply: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=135304&Lang=en-US
Job Code title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Department/Office: United Nation Environment Programme
Post Period: 29 May – 12 July 2020
Job Opening Number: 20-Programme Management-UNEP-135304-R-Nariobi (X)
Staffing Exercise: N/A
• Leads the implementation and the overall project management of activities as relating to the World Water Quality Alliance (WWQA); monitors progress and identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; Coordinates activities related to financial managements (progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Oversees the membership of the World Water Quality Alliance and actively identifies and seeks engagement of new strategic and technical partners; Supports the Strategic and Technical Advisory Committees of the Alliance and coordinates implementation of their relevant decisions and annual and intersessional meetings; Plans, organizes and coordinates the annual global meetings of the World Water Quality Alliance and facilitates intersessional meetings (largely remotely) through the UN-Water Expert Group for Water Quality and Waste Water, which functions as a main communication and agenda setting mechanism.
• Coordinates and contributes to assessments, reports and other products and services under the umbrella of the World Water Quality Alliance, including the coordination of inputs of technical implementing partners; researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
• Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, as relevant to water quality in and beyond the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) sustainability context and the work of the Alliance.
• Develops and implements an innovative water quality outreach and knowledge management strategy and products; makes presentations on topics relevant to the work of the Alliance.
• Leads further resource mobilization for the work of the Alliance and coordinates with partners widely to that effect.
• Coordinates with and supports relevant workflows in the Integrated Monitoring Initiative on SDG 6 (UN-Water) and the UNEP Global Environment Monitoring System for Freshwater (UNEP/GEMS/Water).
•PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the water sector. Ability to identify issues, identify key strategic and technical partners on global to national and sub-national scale across all levels of society. Ability to analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
•TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
•PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
•CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.